Thursday 30 October 2014

Burgers of Marlow

I've been meaning to upload this post for ages but every time I try to I just can't bring myself to wax lyrical about chocolate ganache cake. It's difficult to do food posts without getting hungry, but add some pictures worthy of giving you diabetes just by looking at them and you can see my struggle. My cereal bar and cup of tea seems so inadequate in comparison- it takes serious strength not to dash straight to the co-op and buy the nearest celebration cake.
Anyway, onto the actual relevant content. For anyone that doesn't know Burgers of Marlow is an adorable little artisan bakery sitting just at the edge of town. Go inside and it's like a little chocolate dolls house. There's all sorts of pastries and delectables to have with your coffee, plus an entire other counter for handmade individual chocolates. After taking an age to choose and eventually engaging the Mother to go in and choose something random for me when I'd still failed to make a decision after 10 minutes and 2 individual trips to scrutinise the counter, I ended up with the the chocolate ganache cake. And wow, was it worth breaking my post-holiday diet for! There was a part of me that had thought I'll be good and just get a little coffee, but with the Mother offering to pay and pointing out that technically I'd ruined my diet a few days ago anyway, that was all the justification I needed. It had The 4 Gs which make the perfect chocolate cake: gooeyiness, glossiness and goddam goodness!
I did also take home a slice of the apple and walnut cake for my Dad, and obviously had to sample a little mouthful too. I can confirm that also makes an excellent choice!


No comments:

Post a Comment